04 July 2010

Surgery Update


It has now been twelve weeks since my surgery and things seem to be progressing well.

I saw a local surgeon last week for a check up. He poked around for 20 seconds and pronounced me "good to go." I must admit I was looking for a little more feedback than that, but I guess in this case no news is good news. I asked him about a feeling of tightness I experience around my midsection. He told me to expect that for quite a while longer, explaining that it can take six months or more to completely recover from such a major procedure. For now I need to remember that healing can take time and lower my expectations.

Other than that, everything else is feeling really good. I am now over the morphine addiction and I have not yet felt any tinge of pancreatitis, which of course was the whole point of going through this ordeal.

Sereena tells me I cried twice in hospital. I can remember neither time. God has been so good to me throughout the entire process – even removing certain bad memories. Sorry if you visited me in hospital and I can't remember it. You weren't necessarily a bad memory :) Sereena remembers you and really appreciated your encouragement.

Thanks for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment