02 July 2010

Learning Practical Ministry Skills


This week I read and graded the final assignments for my Philosophy of Ministry course. I was really pleased with the work the students produced – it exceeded my expectations.

Their assignment was to write a personal philosophy of ministry which would identify their biblical presuppositions and ministry essentials as defined by Scripture. Next they evaluated their own giftedness, strengths and weaknesses, and then they identified specific tasks and goals for the future. All this was done with a view to serving in the church and developing their ministry roles even further.

I am so thankful for the students at The Shepherd's Bible College who are devoting themselves not only to theological training, but also to the practice of their God-given gifts. They are not satisfied with just gaining head knowledge, but are very focused on practical life-on-life ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment