22 February 2011

TSBC E-Quipper - February 2011 Issue


A Student's Perspective

Warren Jardine and his family came to The Shepherd's Bible College from Melbourne, Australia in 2008. Warren has recently graduated so we asked him a few questions about his training and time at The Shepherd's Bible College . . .


Warren, why did you choose to leave a successful job, a growing church and a great city to move your wife and four boys to New Zealand to study at The Shepherd's Bible College?

Well, even though I had those three great pluses operating in my life at the time, the urge to know more about God’s Word became a greater drive in my life especially after attending the 2007 Impact Bible Conference. I chose The Shepherd's Bible College because of its unique character of being closely linked and intertwined with the local church. Also the high view of God’s Word that The Shepherd's Bible College holds to was another factor that led me to come over and study.

God has uniquely gifted you to serve in the music ministry of a local church. How has your training prepared you to lead and serve in the music ministry of Riverbend Bible Church?

My training has given me the perfect balance to serve in and lead the music ministry at Riverbend Bible Church. Having been given a sound foundation in God’s Word, I now have a grid that I can filter everything through which also helps me to understand better why I do what I do. This, coupled with the practical skills given through the Discipleship Labs and the Internship Experiences, has further honed my gifting to serve and lead more effectively. Again it has been the fact that The Shepherd's Bible College is plugged into the local church so intimately that really amplifies the learning experience.

Looking back, what has been one of the highlights of your time here at The Shepherd's Bible College?

I would have to say taking the ‘Christian Living’ course. That class was brutal – in a good way! It constantly confronted my heart – which is what all of us need if we truly want to make changes in our lives. Not only have I benefited from this course personally, but it has been awesome to share these life-changing principles with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment